Thursday, February 7, 2013

Have You Hit A Home Run Lately?

Do you remember talking with your friends in high school about making it to second base or hitting a home run? Or maybe you struck out.

Because baseball season is right around the corner and because I love both baseball and sex, I thought it would be fun to celebrate the close connection between baseball and sex in our culture.

There's a new blog out there that does just that.  Home Runs and Cherry Pie bills itself as the place "where passion for baseball, sex, and cherry pie meet."  Sounds like my kind of place, doesn't it?

Last week, they published 175 (Count Them!) Baseball Relationship and Sex Metaphors, the most definitive list out there of baseball-sex metaphors. Now, I knew there were a lot of them, but I had no idea there were this many!

Take a look and then share your favorites in the comments.


3 comments:

Ryan Beaumont said...

I guess that would make Ashley Madison like a "hit and run" or perhaps even a "suicide squeeze!"

Or my favorite "the double switch."

:)

Max said...

Play ball!

But yeah, who knew there were 175?!? Fun list, thanks for posting. :-)

rachel-xx said...

Definately the "closer".

I was always confused by what was a single, double, or triple. All my friends seem to say different things.