Saturday, November 16, 2013

Lingerie - Just for Me

Yeah, I have some sexy lingerie. Lots of cute sexy bras with matching panties that I wear every day and a few I save for special occasions, several baby doll nighties in black, red and hot pink, and my favorite - a black lace chemise.


When I was younger, I'd wear something sexy at bedtime thinking it would make sex more fun and exotic, but Hubby would just bark, "What are you wearin' that for? Take it off, it'll just get in the way.  What did that thing cost, anyway?" So, I quit wearing sexy lingerie for Hubby.


For most of my marriage I slept in the nude, but our youngest son has had the inclination to climb into bed with us in the middle of the night so I was forced to get some plain old cotton nightgowns. They are now about 10 years old, threadbare and frayed, but that's what I wear to bed. Sexy, no? At least they don't have infant and toddler spit up on them anymore.

Every now and then, though, I throw on something sexy and climb into bed. Why? Because Hubby needs to think that I bought it for him. Never wearing lingerie and then having lingerie show up in my drawers and closet would be bad. He doesn't get weird about it anymore, but he does look at me suspiciously and he asks stupid questions, like.....

Hubby: Why are you wearing that?

Me: I thought maybe we could have some playtime tonight.

Hubby:  Why?

(Why?  Why???  How do you answer that question?")

Me: Because I want to. (It was all I could think of.)

Hubby: Well, you could have given me a signal or something.

Me: The see-though nightie is the signal, Dear.

Hubby:  Well how would I know?  You're always wearing that fancy underwear.

He has half a point. I am always wearing sexy bras.  A quick peek at my FetLife profile and photos here will show you a few. No, I am not a Platex-cross-your-heart-bra kind of woman. I wanna feel sexy under my clothes. It does come in handy for unscheduled liaisons, but it's really just for me. I didn't think Hubby even noticed until a couple of years ago when he asked me one morning while I was getting dressed, "Who are you wearing that for?"  I answered, "Me," and that was the truth.

What he doesn't understand is that me feeling sexy is more of an indicator of my propensity to play away from home than what any man thinks of my underwear. It takes much less to get a man in bed than a sexy bra and panty set. I wanted to point out to him that before any other man would see the fancy bra, he would already be in a private place with me and clothes would be coming off. He wouldn't notice or care about the bra. But I held back.

Anyway, that's where Hubby's half-point ends. He never sees me wearing fancy nighties to bed unless there is an expectation for sex. The fact that it still surprises him just blows me away.

Seriously, how many surprises are left after 25+years of marriage? Not many, but for Hubby, apparently lingerie still surprises him. "Kat, why are you wearing that?  It's going to be cold tonight."

Well, I think, it looks like it already is.

Today I'm wearing a black bra with green lace trim and green panties with black lace trim.

And it's just for me.


4 comments:

Tom said...

I have to say I'm one of those "lingerie just gets in the way" type of guys, but you may have convinced me.

Ken said...

Its so nice to have you back in the blogging game again Kat. No one does the fun and the frustrations of "playtime" better than you. Here's one East Coast vote in favor of a daily post on PWK. Is there a second?

Max said...

This is *hilarious*. :-) I'd like to think I'm better at picking up subtle (or not-so-subtle) signals than your hubby...but I'm probably not. :-)

Kat said...

Ken - It looks like your motion dies for lack of a second. LOL.

Max - ME convince YOU? Haha. Right.

Max - I am certain that you are better at subtle clues. No question.