1. When you go to a party, would you rather show up accidentally underdressed or overdressed?
Underdressed. I dress in a clean-cut but casual fashion and that's how I'm comfortable. I would feel more self-conscious if I were overdressed in a group; but on the flip side I might enjoy the attention depending on the setting.
2. What is something you have won and how did you win it? (Inspired by the An Optimistic Virgin)
I just can't seem to think of an answer for this question. Only one thing comes to mind and I know I should be able to think of something better. When I was a kid I always felt unlucky, one time I won a sleeping bag at a county fair raffle, I was ecstatic. Boring huh?
3. Do you squeeze the toothpaste from the middle, end, or top?
From the middle toward the bottom, and when needed I'll squeeze everything back up to the top... are we still talking about a toothpaste tube? ;-)
I am curious about this question though. Does this still irritate people like it used to? Back in the day there used to be those aluminum tooth paste tubes and squeezing it from the middle would cause some uptight folks to start foaming at the mouth and lose their minds in fury. However this was because trying to squeeze the toothpaste back to the top of the tube past the squished middle could cause the tube to break open and make a mess etc, this isn't true today with the plastic tubes.
4. What is something your parents used to say to you that you promised yourself you would never say–but now you catch yourself saying frequently?
Oh wow... I could write about this one for quite a while. "Turn off the light!", is probably the one that makes me most sound/feel like my father. An open door with the air conditioning running darn near sends me over the edge now; and every time the feeling erupts in me my dad comes to mind.
My father passed in his early 40s, roughly the same age I am now. While some of the cliché phrases he's say used to annoy, now they bring a smile and rekindle that sore spot in your heart that never seems to heal. For example, "Two wrongs don't make a right.", irritating as hell at 13, full of nostalgic wisdom today. I miss you dad.
5. What 3 lies did you regularly tell your parents? If applicable, what 3 lies do you tell your parents now?
"I don't have any homework.", "I don't have any homework.", and "I don't have any homework."
I would imagine as an adult with my mother, it's the lie we're often all guilty of, "I'm fine."
6. What is something that you intended to do today but didn’t? Why not? Will you do it tomorrow?
I'm answering my TMI questions in the morning, I haven't procrastinated on something today yet, but I'll get back to you.
7. What is something that people do in traffic that really bothers you? (inspired by My Quest To Be A Good Girl)
Speeding up to prevent me from changing lanes after I turn my turn signal on. Now I often don't bother using my turn signal when changing lanes just so people don't know what's about to happen.
8. Whose autographs have you collected? (You can stop at five, in case you’re an autograph hound or celebrity stalker).
Oh gosh, I really don't have any autographs. I used to have a couple of posters signed by a bikini model or two as a teen, but that's about it.
Right here in Sacramento, at the last place you would have ever thought, a mom and pop taco joint, I ran into Harrison Ford. I walk over to get my chips and salsa and this guy in jeans and a long sleeve shirt is in front of me. I see his profile and the stud in his ear and there is something familiar about him. Then he turns around and there I am standing face to face with Indiana Jones holding a basket of chips and a cup of salsa. He sat down an arms length away from me with a couple of friends. I would have killed to get the autograph of my biggest childhood hero, but I couldn't bring myself to pester him while he was trying to eat his burrito.
Bonus: Where do you go to find solitude, tranquility or connection to a higher power?
Twin Lakes, California, here's a photo:
Many thanks to the folks at the TMI Tuesday Blog for the fun questions!