To celebrate this nifty milestone, Cara, DauntlessD, and I have each come up with 5 lessons we have learned since we started the blog.
And, as you can see, Cara made her own special contribution to the celebration. ;-)
Here's what I've learned:
- PWK followers are the best in the world!
- Kat is a dirty whore.:-)
- There are people who actually call their dicks their "manhood" and their "member".
- Proper webcam etiquette.
- I learned from this post (TSA Foreplay at the Airport) that if I want an added thrill while I'm traveling to go bra-less and/or panty-less and wait to be patted down.
In Prowling with Kat I've learned...
- That more than just my friends like my writing. A special thank-you goes to Kat for pushing me, "C'mon Daunt, just do it! Just put something out there." And for those that feel I disrupt your regularly scheduled Kat or Cara programming, sorry but I'm here to stay. Why am I suddenly wondering if I've become Kat's pet cock...
- I *LOVE* my split identity. Those that know me that do not know about the blog would be utterly and completely shocked. Who knew that out of strife and personal frustration life's defibrillator paddles would resurrect a piece of my personality I thought was dead, never to be seen again. This outlet and the friends I have made have become like oxygen for my soul.
- Kat is able to get me to do things I didn't think I would. Well, I suppose it's not just Kat, the fun I'm having plays a role in lowering whatever silly inhibitions I have. But seriously, me doing a toy review? Really? In the end it was fun and in fact I would do it again; but maybe not solo next time. Um, no sir, you may not volunteer.
- As a result of the toy review, I learned I do not care for tight masturbation sleeves, BUT they *CAN* be used as a beer can cozy! So my male blogging friends, get out there and get yourself one for free -- and tell 'em Daunt sent ya! No... No, sir... sir, I've already told you, you may not volunteer.
- AshleyMadison is not the only way to meet women, and maybe this will surprise you, I learned I was after more than sex. I discovered that what I really wanted were friendships with women where Daunt's naughty side was just right out there for them to see. Sadly I had not had this before and through the blog and twitter I have found them. They're a lovely fun bunch.
I have learned....
- PWK readers are the best! You leave fun and thoughtful comments and the email I get is great.
- People really do pay attention to my advice. I see references in comments to decisions folks have made as a result of the advice they have read here, and the emails about lessons y'all have learned are awesome. Every now and then, I also hear a play partner repeating a piece of advice that I've given. "Well, you know, Kat, you wrote that we should always....." Sometimes that's not as much fun, but it's a great reminder for me about being careful.
- In the pecking order of sex blogs, we prowlers aren't liked very much. Of course, I'm not referring to everyone, just a general sense. I find this amusing because we all have much more in common than most think. The married folks' sex bloggers think we're the enemy (having sex with their spouses when they want to be doing that), the single folks' sex bloggers think we're the competition, and the game bloggers just think we're in the way and that our approaches can't possibly work (in spite of all the evidence to the contrary). Personally, I think they are all just jealous because we're the only ones getting any regular sex.
- One of the surprising benefits of PWK has been that I've made some really great friends. Some are other bloggers and some are readers who have started corresponding with me regularly over time. I have come to rely on this new network of friends for support.
- Cara is absolutely gorgeous! Well, I knew that before, but I didn't get to see her without clothes until she started providing HNT photos. Wowza! And she's beautiful inside and out...and a great friend. By the way, when she calls me a dirty whore, she means it as a term of endearment. She's my favorite trashy slut.
- Daunt is the best friend a girl could ever have. He reads my posts in advance and gives me honest feedback. He comforts me when I'm down, and celebrates with me when I'm feeling good. He reminds me to stay safe and establish boundaries, and he supports my efforts to keep my marriage as strong as possible. Oh yeah....and he looks pretty darn good naked. Ok, I'll admit that I haven't seen him naked in a long, long, long time, but some things a gal just can't forget. ;-)
Thanks, Prowlers, for a great run so far......and here's to another 200 fun prowler posts!