Sunday, April 17, 2011

Why I Like to Shop Online

I jumped online yesterday to buy some lingerie. I found a couple of really cute things  and they will be discreetly sent to me at my office within a few days. I love shopping online because I can peruse the selections at my leisure, in the privacy of my office, without the prying eyes of others. When I've made my choices, I can have them sent to my office so my husband never sees my purchase, unless I want him to, of course. 

Also, it's easier for me to be objective about things when I'm shopping online. It's really hard to fall instantly in love with something just from a photo and basic description, so I can make more rational decisions. I can't tell you how many times I've made an impulse buy at a department store  because I fell in love with an outfit on a mannequin only to realize later that maybe it wasn't all that great.

If I don't like something once I've seen it in person, I can send it back before I even try it on. If I try it on and it's not the right fit, I can still send it back. As most women know, sometimes you don't know that something doesn't really fit right when you try it on in a store; sometimes, it's only after you've worn it for a day that you notice that rides up on this side or rubs you the wrong way on the other side. When I've bought it online, I can still easily return it at that point without having to drive to the store and have the sometimes awkward experience of dealing with sales people while returning it. Because I live in a fairly small town, I hate having to worry about the gossip (unfortunately, there is no obligation of discretion for employees of retail establishments). "Did you know that Kat returned a size xyz camisole? Yeah, she exchanged it for a pair of crotchless panties!  Can you believe it? I wonder who she's gonna wear those for?"

Shopping for playmates is very similar.  I much prefer to shop online. I can shop in private, and a man doesn't even know I'm looking unless I decide to tell him. Nobody is watching as we strike up a conversation, as they might be if we had met in person at the mall or the grocery store, so I don't have to worry about someone casually mentioning to my husband that they saw me chatting with another man.

I can be more rational about my choices online.  I don't experience any of the rush of pheromones that I might at a bar or club (who am I kidding? It's more likely to be the sporting goods store or golf course) that causes me to lose my head and feel like I must have a guy, approaching him less than cautiously and making decisions to jump into bed faster than is prudent (that would be right then, because those of you who know anything about me know that I tend to be quick into the sack as a matter of practice. If you're looking for great sex, why wait for three dates and two months of chatting to find out if it's going to be any good?). Those lust driven, in-person, on the spot encounters tend to turn out badly - like finding out a month later that the amazing looking guy with the big dick that you fucked behind the trees off the 8th tee turned out to be your kid's new school principal. Not that anything like that has ever happened to me....ahem....

As I was saying....

Online shopping allows for much more discretion. If I'm not comfortable with an online choice, I can choose to stay anonymous and not meet him. If, however, we decide to meet, then we can select the time and place, picking a place where we are unlikely to be discovered. Once we meet, I can still comfortably walk away (as can he) - no harm, no foul. It's unlikely that emotions are involved or that I have to worry about awkward meetings at Boy Scout council meetings, soccer practice, or school events.

If we do hit it off and decide to go further, we can, but if it's not a fit after that meeting, it's still very easy to step away.

As much as I love the thrill of feeling the sparks fly with someone when you first meet them around town by accident, I prefer the control and discretion of meeting online first. I still get the thrill of the first kiss and the incredible fulfillment of first penetration, but it's much more on my terms.

Yeah, online shopping is definitely the way to go.

2 comments:

Liam said...

Wow Kat, what a coincidence. I'm offering coupons in my AM profile. Today only! :-)

Kat said...

Ooooo! I may have to look up my AM login and password to take advantage of *that* deal. It's been awhile since I've needed to troll on AM. Does the coupon include airfare?