Monday, March 5, 2012

Stalker Update

I first told you about my stalker last month in Random Thoughts on a Sunday Afternoon, except that he wasn't really a stalker then. I thought that since his calls stopped on that day after I forwarded them to the police department that I was done with him. I thought that he was just a silly young kid (age 25) who wanted a little attention and then he'd go away.

I thought wrong.

He has called quite a bit since then.  Yes, he has been told to stop.

I usually don't  answer the call (I can't seem to manage to get the number effectively blocked.  I'll be calling the phone company today for assistance).  When I have answered the call I get interesting information about where I am, where I've been, or what I've been wearing in public.

I told Hubby about it several weeks ago. Like me, he thought the kid would get bored and that it would stop.

This weekend, he called 12 times. Most, although not all, of the calls are late at night.

So Hubby decided that he would call the number and talk to the young man.  Guess what?  The number forwards back to my cell phone.

I wasn't worried until he crossed the line from sweet but horny young guy to stalker. Heck, having my own stalker kind of means that I have arrived, doesn't it?

Okay, okay.  I know I shouldn't joke about such a thing, and I'll admit I'm a little nervous.

Since I suspect my stalker is a PWK reader, I'm taking this opportunity to let him know that, in addition to calling the phone company today, I'll be calling the police and filing a report. Stalking is a crime.

It's all fun and games until someone gets arrested, my young stalker.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is super creepy. I wonder if it's related to all the other bloggers who have been dropping off since January?

Stay safe.

Anonymous said...

I think it was smart to tell your husband.

I remember some guy texting my wife about how he wanted to do this and that to her, and he wasn't leaving her alone. It's sometimes good to let these guys know there is another male on the other end.

I'm by no means a tough guy, I would do what I had to, but these guys are typically chicken shits that's why they phone or text. Sometimes knowing they have to face another male can be enough of a detterent.

Would it be too much of a hassle to get new numbers?

Hopefully the police can do something to rattle his cage or flat out arrest him.

Nicholas said...

Stay safe out there, Kat. That is really scary. Do you have any reason to beleive he knows your location or follows you around, or is it just via phone? Keep a watchful eye out.

Ryan Beaumont said...

Can you forward your calls to your local National Rifle Association Office? That would throw a nice twist in for this guy. But seriously take it serious and don't mess around. Make this end or utilize your local law enforcement.

JJ's Old Profile said...

Forward his call to me! I'll deal with him!

Luna Moon said...

Wow. Kat, saying that you think he's a PWK follower is extremely creepy. How did he ever find you? Stay safe and take care!

Gertie said...

I am sorry to hear you are being harassed and I hope whoever it is ends the shenanigans post haste!!

Stay safe because the blogosphere just wouldn't be the same without you! :)

JFBreak said...

Forwarding his number to you was pretty smart, but unless he is using a disposable phone, the police will easily be able to track him down. If it is a disposable phone, they also have the ability to track him down based on other calls he makes from that number. So unless the guy bought a disposable phone and only called you and no other numbers, he probably just hosed himself.

You've given the jerk fair warning - now smoke him out and press charges.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to see that you have someone stalking you, but are you really surprised? You pretty much put yourself out there, all the time, and lets face it, your topics are at least provocative. In addition, you cross post at MMSL, where there are literally hundreds of guys reading that are in troubled marriages, some that have even been cheated on, and then you act surprised when people get angry with you. This is the kind of thing that happens from such activities.

I truly hope you can get this situation dealt with quickly and without any type of real harm done. Perhaps you should rethink your activities and methods a bit to ensure this type of thing doesn't happen again?