Thursday, May 19, 2011

Simple Endearing Actions

My last post was about my Top 9 Prowling Pet Peeves. As I was writing it, I started remembering some of the really sweet things some of my prowling buddies have done that endeared them to me. I thought I'd share some of them with you. Maybe you'll pick up something you can use.

  • Showing up for a "meeting" with a Starbucks for me (yes, he knew and remembered my favorite)
  • Sending me sweet and random text messages throughout the day
  • Continuing to send emails even though we also chatted and texted - just so we could continue to get to know each other on a deeper level
  • Changing the plan for our "meeting" when he knew I'd had a particularly rough day
  • Touching base in some way every day, no matter what
  • Whispering sweet nothings in my ear (I love that!)
  • Being tender and sweet sometimes (Yes, this Kat usually likes it hard and rough, but sometimes tender and sweet is just right)
  • Showing interest in my life outside of the bedroom
  • Following my favorite baseball team because he knew it mattered to me
  • Surprising me with unexpected availability, and wanting to spend it with me whether or not we had sex (although I usually prefer the sex)
  • Sharing his feelings with me, whatever they are
  • Meeting me for lunch from time to time, just to catch up
  • Letting down his guard and trusting me with things that are bothering him
  • Being both a friend and a lover
  • Reading the same book I'm reading (without my prompting) just so we can discuss it with each other
Now, none of these things are "required" for an affair, but I find them very endearing. These are some of the things that build a relationship that goes beyond just being a random fuck buddy (although I'll admit, that can be fun, too).

More than once I have told you that if you treat your partner right and make her happy, she will want to make you happy, too. It's a simple formula of give and take. It works for an affair. It works for a marriage.

Give it a try.

2 comments:

GoodWill said...

Really sweet tips Kat...(I'm taking notes...)

Kat said...

Hi Will. Thanks. I suspect you have a few endearing tricks of your own. Care to share a few? ;)